And now for something completely different - a meme! I've been double tagged by Amanda and the Yarnhog for the 7 (or is it 8) things meme.
Here are the rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged.
1. I (heart) Lowney's Cherry Blossoms. When I was a little girl, we lived above a convenience store which was run by my dad and every once in a while, my dad would let me choose anything I wanted in the store. I would take my time and carefully consider every item but invariably selected the delectable yellow box. I still get a thrill everytime one magically appears on my nightstand (thank-you dada ;0)
2. I always order the same things at restaurants. When we were dating (back in the day when we used to actually go to restaurants!), my husband and I were famous in more than one restaurant for eating slowly (too much gabbing and laughing) and for always ordering the same things. We were regulars at a few places where the waiters didn't bother asking us what we wanted anymore and just brought it over!
3. There's no place like home ;0) No matter where I am and no matter what I am doing, I would rather be home because I love that place. It just fills me with joy.
4. I'm such a bad gardener/plant keeper that I once killed ivy! Isn't that stuff supposed to be fool proof? Well it's not annyproof! It only took me 2 weeks to over water it to death.
5. My favourite colour is green. No, orange. No, pink. No, aqua! That's why I don't have one of these these yet ;0)
6. I'm trying hard to be green! I've always been conscientious when it came to the environment but was moved to action after seeing An Inconvenient Truth. At our house, we put out one bag of trash per week (incluing diapers) and 3 or 4 times that in recycling, we have energy efficient appliances, heat with hydro-electricity, only use our dishwasher when entertaining a crowd, use green cleaning products and laundry detergent (by Shaklee - LOVE that stuff ;0), have compact fluorescent bulbs in our most frequently used fixtures, commute by train (our car only gets used on weekends and a tank of gas lasts us a month!) and consider the environmental impact of our choices. And I feel really good about all of that.
7. I don't like odd numbers and the letter "V". Never did. Don't know why. They're like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Weird, eh?
8. My favourite song to sing to my children is 'Edelwiss'
Now for the tagging bit...what about you? Did you do this one yet? Wanna do it? Okay then, TAG, you're it! Heehe ;0)