It's Hello Yarn's top down bonnet which I linked to last time. No kidding, I finished the post, decided to knit lemon a hat and when searching flickr for ideas later that same night, I came across the very same one.
I knit it from Phildar Aviso yarn left over from the foxy cardi I knit for Jujube last spring. It looks really tiny so I hope it fits. But just in case, I think I'm going to cast on for another hat right away. Until I can get to the mall for a snowsuit, it's some comfort that I can at least knit him warm accessories! Here's a gratuitous shot of my lazy square knot finishing on the inside...
And now for a little fun, six weird things (I think) about me...
1. My heart skips a beat when I pop off my jujube's socks and find that they have left behind lots of soft and lofty lint between his toes. It makes me so happy to preen those toes clean ;0)
2. I don't actually like the flavour of Fritos Hoops that much but once I start eating them I can't stop. Really, I can't! It's not the flavour, it's the sound they make when I crunch them that I am addicted to. This doesn't happen with any other snacks by the way. Just Fritos Hoops.
3. I hate talking on the phone. Soooo much! Just hearing the phone ring totally ruins my mood. Plus, I suck at it anyway. It's like I can't get the phone speak cadence going and phone conversations with me always sound like your speaking with someone from overseas...you know when there's that weird pause before you get the reply? I guess I rely so much on non-verbal communication in my everyday life that when I can't read someone's expressions or body language, I don't know what they're talking about or how to respond!
4. Most of my house keeping activities happen between 4:30 and 5pm. This is leftover from being a teenager, chilling around the house alone after school and then scurrying around the house cleaning up and doing my chores and hoping my parents don't get home before I'm done.
5. I don't want to be rich. Even just thinking about what I would do if I won the lottery stops being fun and becomes a chore after just a few minutes. I guess I figure that being rich is a chore. You have to shop all the time and get the latest stuff and then you have all this stuff and you ought to use it cause you have it and then there's no where to store it and if you do find a place to store it, what if you need it you can't find it cause you have so much storage and sooner or later your head explodes. I know that you don't have to become a shop-a-holic when you get rich but I think I would and I really don't want to so instead I dream of having my mortgage paid and having enough RRSP money to enjoy the same standard of living we do now when we are retired. I want to have to work the rest out. I always feel so accomplished when I manage to stretch a buck and get my finances in order. I think I would miss that if I were rich.
6. I prefer bad singing over great singing! There's something about a raspy or nasal voice that occasionally breaks that I find much more appealing. Case in point: Bob Dylan. He is one of my favourites because I love his insight, humour and the way he just cuts through the crap in his songs...but if he sounded like Josh Groban or someone who's voice is very controlled and polished, I don't think I would ever have listened to him long enough to know that I love his writing.
Is that weird?